The Electric Power Generation Association is a forum for generators to attempt to reach a consensus and speak out on public policy issues that are framing their collective future. It is the only association that exclusively represents the interests of power generators free of competing interests that may be expressed by regulated distribution companies and retail electricity marketers.
The Electric Power Generation Association, or EPGA, was formed by power generators in Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Those states and surrounding states are the initial geographic nexus for EPGA's work. As more members join, the association's geographic scope will grow.
When there is a consensus, EPGA can present a common point of view to policy makers and other important audiences, before utility commissions, environmental regulators, state legislatures and other governmental bodies.
- Meetings with government officials
- Testimony before legislative and regulatory bodies
- Alerts about regulatory and other policy developments
- Conferences, seminars and other information about cutting-edge issues
- Consistent, credible media representation
Full membership in EPGA is open to all companies whose primary business is power generation and who own an equity share of generating capacity totaling at least 500 MWs. There are also Supporting and Associate Membership classes.
- Exelon Generation, KennettSquare, PA
- FirstEnergy Corp., Akron, OH
- PPL Corporation, Allentown, PA
- Homer City Generation, LP.
- Tenaska, Inc.
- Dynegy Inc., Springfield, IL
Supporting membership is available for those companies who maintain a controlling equity interest in 500 MWs or less of generating capacity in Pennsylvania. Supporting members may participate in activities of the Association as determined by the Board of Directors.
- UGI Development Company, Hunlock Creek, PA
- Associate membership is open to major suppliers of generation equipment and services. Associates have access to EPGA committees and services.
- Notification of EPGA's committee meetings and invitations to "open" sessions
- Opportunity to publish and post papers on EPGA website and offer seminars or similar educational materials to members with the prior approval of appropriate committee
- Associate member listing in EPGA Membership Directory which appears on the EPGA website. Click here for a complete list of associate members.
- Annual Vendor Associate Membership Dues: $1,000
- Click here to view our Associate Members
Electric Power Generation Association
417 Walnut Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 909-EPGAinfo@epga.org